Who Needs A Will?
By Coach Lorne McAlister
Everybody needs a will! You need a will!
Only 3 out of 10 Canadians have a will.
I am part of a team that works with The National Stewardship Department of one of the largest church organizations in Canada, the PAOC, and our goal is to coach people through a careful and confidential process that will result in the writing of a Will Document, a Living Will Document - establishing a substitute decision maker, and a Personal Care Document that expresses your wishes when there is “no hope of recovery” from a medical condition. We work with congregations and come at the invitation of the church’s pastor. The service that we provide is at no charge and each week it is not unusual to generate 30 to 50 Will Documents for individuals within congregations.
That brings me to this big question. Who needs a will?
- You need a will if you are over 18 years of age.
- You need a will if you are recently married or divorced.
- You need a will if there are special family concerns.
- You need a will update if your current will does not reflect your current thinking.
- You need a will if your will does not make a donation to the charity you are passionate about.
- You need a will if you are a new parent.
You don’t know when, where, why, how or with how much you will die.
It’s easy to predict the future but it’s hard to get it right.
That’s why you need a will.
I can let you know when I will be presenting the next Building Financial Strength Seminar and then booking a series of confidential consultation with individuals and couples that will result in will documents being generated. I would love to be able to help you with these vital documents and one of the nice features of the work I do with The National Stewardship Department, is that it will be free. It is always easy to use the contact information on my website when reaching me.